Trouble may be looming for North Korea after Kim Jong Un’s latest missile launch. The Kremlin quietly ordered 1,500 people out of a city close to the North Korean border.
President Trump said Tuesday that “all options are on the table” after North Korea launched a missile over Japan, an act that instantly renewed tensions in the region just days after the regime appeared to be backing down from threats against the U.S. and its allies.
“The world has received North Korea’s latest message loud and clear: this regime has signaled its contempt for its neighbors, for all members of the United Nations, and for minimum standards of acceptable international behavior,” Trump said, in a written statement released by the White House.
“Threatening and destabilizing actions only increase the North Korean regime’s isolation in the region and among all nations of the world. All options are on the table,” the statement continued.
On Tuesday, Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley said enough is enough.
Nikki Haley said “absolutely unacceptable and irresponsible” and that the Security Council now needed to take serious action.
“No country should have missiles flying over them like those 130 million people in Japan. It’s unacceptable,” Haley told reporters. North Korea has “violated every single U.N. Security Council resolution that we’ve had and so I think something serious has to happen,” Haley added.
UK Express reports:
RUSSIA has reportedly relocated thousands of people from its border with North Korea after Kim Jong-un’s latest missile launch.
Civil defence officials were ordered to shift 1,500 residents in Vladivostok to “safe areas”, according to pro-Kremlin media outlets.
Social media outlet Mash said this afternoon: “A verbal order was given to relocate 1,500 people to safe areas.
“The order came from the regional department of the Russian Ministry of Emergencies.”
Russia, which has political and business ties to Pyongyang, shares a 24-mile land border with reclusive North Korea.
It was unclear where the 1,500 were moved in the re-location, which was later described as a “training exercise”, according to FedPress.ru.
But it appears to have been triggered by the launch of a missile over Japan last night, in Kim Jong-un‘s latest warning to the US and Japan.
A source told the site: “A relocation scheme is being exercised as part of the training.”
Russia’s deputy foreign minister Sergei Ryabkov said the country was “extremely worried” about the launch and the “tendency towards an escalation”.
He also urged Kim to abide by UN Security Council resolutions regarding the hermit state’s missile programme.
Mr Ryabkov told reporters: “Regarding the launching of the missiles from North Korea, we stick to the resolutions of the United Nations.
“We insist on the fact that the North Koreans must respect those resolutions from the United Nations.”
Russian foreign ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova last week warned the North Korean crisis could lead to World War 3.
She said: “The US and South Korea holding yet more large-scale military and naval exercises do not help reduce tensions on the Korean Peninsula.
“We urge all sides to exercise maximum caution. Given the arms build-up in the region, any rash move or even an unintended incident could spark a military conflict.”
Scroll down to leave a comment below.