We have all heard it over and over again from Democrats about how illegal immigration helps the economy and “immigrants” only want to come here to work and have a better life for themselves, like early immigrants to our country.
When your political party is held together by people voting for handouts, why wouldn’t you want to spread this sort of propaganda?
There is a problem with this rhetoric because we know it is false. It is no mystery why foreigners want to come into our country, so making up reasons to fit a narrative to promote a political agenda is futile.
All the aliens who are caught trying to cross the border are interviewed and asked why they are trying to sneak into the country.
CBS News reported:
Hundreds of immigrant families caught illegally crossing the Mexican border told U.S. immigration agents they made the dangerous journey in part because they believed they would be permitted to stay in the United States and collect public benefits, according to internal intelligence files from the Homeland Security Department.
The Associated Press obtained copies of the interview summaries, which were compiled in reports by the US Customs and Border Protection’s Office of Intelligence. They said hundreds of people traveling as part of families consistently cited opportunities to obtain permission to stay in the US, claim asylum and receive unspecified benefits. Immigrants spoke of “permisos,” or a pass to come into the United States.
So there you have it. Most of them come for handouts, not to work.
Add to this, it was found that not only do legal immigrant households consume far more government handouts than native households, the illegal immigrant households consume nearly as much as legal immigrants although they are breaking the law by being here.
As reported by the Center for Immigration Studies:
In September 2015, the Center for Immigration Studies published a landmark study of immigration and welfare use, showing that 51 percent of immigrant-headed households used at least one federal welfare program — cash, food, housing, or medical care — compared to 30 percent of native households. Following similar methodology, this new study examines the dollar cost of that welfare use.
- The average household headed by an immigrant (legal or illegal) costs taxpayers $6,234 in federal welfare benefits, which is 41 percent higher than the $4,431 received by the average native household.
- The average immigrant household consumes 33 percent more cash welfare, 57 percent more food assistance, and 44 percent more Medicaid dollars than the average native household. Housing costs are about the same for both groups.
- At $8,251, households headed by immigrants from Central America and Mexico have the highest welfare costs of any sending region — 86 percent higher than the costs of native households.
- Illegal immigrant households cost an average of $5,692 (driven largely by the presence of U.S.-born children), while legal immigrant households cost $6,378.
- The greater consumption of welfare dollars by immigrants can be explained in large part by their lower level of education and larger number of children compared to natives. Over 24 percent of immigrant households are headed by a high school dropout, compared to just 8 percent of native households. In addition, 13 percent of immigrant households have three or more children, vs. just 6 percent of native households.
When you have people breaking the law to come here, admit it is for welfare and the statistics prove they are costing the taxpayers far more than native citizens, spreading leftist propaganda to the contrary is flat out lying.
Scroll down to leave a comment below.