President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign has rejected claims that a social media campaign by Tik-Tok users and K-Pop fans was behind lower-than-expected turnout for Saturday night’s Oklahoma rally.
Teenagers are said to have booked tickets without intending to turn up so as to produce empty seats.
But the Trump 2020 team said it had weeded out bogus reservations.
Mr. Trump had said he expected one million to come.
The Bank of Oklahoma Center venue in Tulsa seats 19,000. The event was also planned to extend outside, though that part of it was canceled.
The Tulsa fire brigade is quoted as saying more than 6,000 attended, but the 2020 campaign suggested the figure was much higher.
Prior to the rally, Trump’s campaign manager, Brad Parscale, said there had been more than one million ticket requests for the event.
It seems that the person that organized this prank isn’t a teenager and this wasn’t a prank according to her, this was a form of protest.
Meet Mary Jo Laupp, the Tik Tok influencer who helped sabotage President Trump’s rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
— Brian Stelter (@brianstelter) June 21, 2020
The 19,000-seat BOK Center arena had many empty seats but it seems that these people are planning to continue doing this for the next rallies.
The Trump campaign said the entry was “first-come-first-serve” and that no one was issued an actual ticket.
“Leftists always fool themselves into thinking they’re being clever. Registering for a rally only means you’ve RSVPed with a cellphone number,” said Trump’s campaign spokesman, Tim Murtaugh, in a statement to Reuters News Agency. “But we thank them for their contact information.”
Do you think that they should change the way of seeling tickets and is this illegal!